Thursday, February 23, 2012

Prayer for today:
Jesus,
In less than 40 days, we will be mourning Your ‘loss’ and celebrating Your supreme victory over death.  Thank you for the ultimate sacrifice to save us.  While not deserving in the least, Your righteousness gave the most.  ‘I stand in awe of the One who gave it all’…
Amen.
Piece’o’Past:
Lent has always been confusing to me.  First, we didn’t GO to church.  THEN, I was in Catholic school for 4th and 5th grade, so Lent was HUGE…Ash Wednesday mass, fish every Friday, proclaiming what you were giving up to glorify God & thus glorifying you, stations of the cross and wafers & wine.  (Not trying to be judgmental, but that was my 8 & 9 year old impression.)  After I started insisting on rosary beads & Hail Mary’s at the dinner table, Mom promptly removed me from that ‘unstable environment’.  (Her words, not mine!)  So, back to a public school and off to Sunday services at the local First Christian Church with weekly communion it was for us. 

Present:
I am a firm believer in doing things for Christ with a joyful and humble heart.  SO, instead of giving something up and grumbling about it for the next month, I’m going to work on my spiritual – and faithfulness. 

Going to bed without Percocet and praying that I am able to get a good night’s sleep without it.

Love,
Chan

Old habits and beautiful prayer no matter what religion you are...
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you; blessed are you amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Lord Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners...now and at the hour of our death.

No comments:

Post a Comment