Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Day Before… & Yesterday.

Without making this post completely about death, I want to give a brief explanation of what I blogged about yesterday… 
One of my husband’s coworkers found the body of a man who committed suicide in his car in front of their church Sunday morning. 
Please join me in praying for the family, the church and all of its members and the community.

Hubs told me about it yesterday and I was already agitated about some things and that news just sent me over the edge.  I guess you all know now my version of anger management.  I was really so upset because I am an over-empathizer.  Some people love me just because of this fact.  Sometimes I hate it.  Not that I wish to be anything other than what God made me, but when I hear a story that involves heartache to any degree, my sympathy goes into hyper-drive.  Like… I’ve sent sympathy cards to people on America’s Extreme Home Makeover.  This is something that has always been really hard on me.  I often struggle with boundaries for myself and my family, how much and what to share with people, and who to trust and what to trust them with.  My brain is always on analyze mode.  I think about what has happened, what is happening and what could happen all the time…over & over again.  While having a conversation, I’m trying to pay attention while working out each discussed scenario and laughing or being upset about how the conversation COULD go.  On top of all of this, I happen to be an extrovert.  Yep, I’m an energy vampire.  I thrive on people and social occasions.  I’m stuck in my own perpetual catch 22.

--------------------------------BREAK----------------------------------------

So, remember that positive Nicaragua update I had for you guys?!  Well, I had a little bird tell me that I have had MORE turned in even after my last cry for help to bridge the gap last week!  I’m not sure yet what happens with that extra, but I am so looking forward to what God has in store!  To everyone who prayed… who gave…. who asked questions… showed support:  THANK YOU!  You all are SO amazing and I am so blessed to have you all in my life! 

Also, if you don’t already have plans next weekend, come on out to Hub City Vineyard for a prime rib Valentines Dinner WITH childcare provided on site!  Proceeds will go to the Nicaragua team!  Check out the Facebook event for details!

In work news, my company launched a new website this week and asked for blog submittals in preparation.  How surprised and honored was I to see that one of mine was picked to publish?!  Feel free to check out my very first work blog post and check out our new website while you're there!
I’m determined to finish this week well and I hope you do so too.  I’ve kind of been stressing about what I’ll write about when I’m all out of Nicaragua news.  Maybe next week you’ll see something new! 
Have an amazing week and give someone an extra hug or high five to let them know you care.
Love,
Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment