Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Crunching Numbers & Apologies

First off, I’d like to take a quick minute and apologize.  This is my very first missions trip and definitely the first time that I’ve done any kind of fundraising for a big project like this out without a sweet form to just fill in how much you pledge per mile I walk (a’ la Crop Walk circa 1995).  That being said, I thought that I knew exactly what needed to be done without seeking the proper counsel.  Please forgive me and my naivety in this endeavor and thank you for your patience as we get this ball a’rolling!
I saw this today just after my amazing friend Meghan (she mentioned me in her blog today!) was asking how much goes into setting up an online giving account…had to share with you guys:

SO, I decided to put together a couple of charts of my own so that you can see exactly where the monies for the items I’m selling will be going.  On average, the cost to make / buy the items is about 30%.  I’m doing everything I can to cut costs so that percentage decreases!  J 
Here’s everything broken down by column charts with all of the details:


A portion of your gift may qualify as a charitable deduction for federal income tax purposes when you make checks payable to Hub City Vineyard.
Please let me know if you have any questions by visiting the Facebook event and thank you all so much for your outpouring of love and support!
Love,
Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment