Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday, SUNday, SON-DAY!

Gosh, I just love Sundays!  My church is awesome.  And when I say, “my church”, I mean EVERYONE who helps me strengthen and continuously renew my faith on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.

Sure, I go to this AMAZING building each week (sometimes multiple times a week), but it’s the people and the love that is contained in it (and always outpours from it) that IS the church.

If I haven’t before, I’d like to take the opportunity…RIGHT NOW – To invite you to church.  Any church.  Anywhere.  Any day of the week.  If you are struggling with the lies and mundane in and out of the day to day and are missing hope…try Jesus.  I know it sounds way beyond corny, but maybe this time is THE time for you to fit in.  If not at my church (Hub City Vineyard), then at a church…any church.  Here’s a few “myths” (lies) and my version of their correlating truths:

Myth:  All Christians are hypocrites. 
Truth:  Yep.  We are.  But so is EVERYONE, right?!  That’s why we NEED to stop judging each other and just LOVE.

Myth:  I don’t need church if I’m spiritual. 
Truth:  Church is community.  Jesus hand-picked 12 normal guys to start up a community so that they could keep each other accountable and encourage one another.  I know I need that…Don’t you?

Myth:  Church is a waste of time. 
Truth:  Never once has going to church been a waste of time for me.  No matter who is speaking, no matter what mood I’m in, no matter anything – God cares enough for me…for all of us to give us SOMETHING from any service. 

Myth:  No one in church will accept me because of my past/present. 
Truth:  Try us.  There’s a saying that if everyone threw all of their problems into a pile, everyone would choose their own back than anyone else’s.  No, I may not understand EXACTLY what you have gone or are going through, but I can empathize with and pray for you.

Please, if you have any questions, reach out, I’d be happy to answer them.  If I don’t know the answer, then I’ll let you know and will work on finding that answer for you.

Hub City Vineyard services are at 9:15 am & 11 am every Sunday morning. 

Also, if you don’t have plans for Thanksgiving, please come over to our house.  We’ll have plenty of food and would love to have you join us.

Have a blessed Holiday week no matter where you are!

Love,
Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment